[EP-tech] Re: EPrints System Error : Error in file retrieval: failed to get file contents

Sebastien Francois <sf2 <at> ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Are you sure your files (archives/<id>/documents/....) are accessible to
> EPrints? Can you stat ("ls") them from a terminal as the 'eprints' user
> or as whatever user EPrints is running as?
>
> That error is pretty much what it says - eprints/the storage layer can't
> read the file content. And if you get as far as getting that message,
> your DB records are OK, auth was successful etc.
>
> J'espere que tu arriveras a resoudre ce probleme,
> Seb.

Hi Sebastien,

I installed my ePrints repository with the apache user and if I stat my
files I see the ownmer and group apache : apache for all my files (pdf,
etc.). I'm really wondering what happened and how to fix this.  Our
repository has been up for about 2 years and we never had this kind of problem.

Thank you for your help!