[EP-tech] Re: Splitting of search terms in advanced search

Hi Christian,

The DOI field (in the eprints defaults it's called "id_number"
internally - perhaps you use an other field name but same principle
applies) should be of type "id" not "text" so that searching it always
does an exact match and EPrints doesn't try to apply text indexing to
it.

I've added this as an issue on github >
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/166 [6]

If people change that field to type "id" they would need to reindex the
dataset.

Seb.

PS: I think Peter has now fixed it on your repository :-)

On 26.11.2013 09:55, christian.gutknecht at ub.unibe.ch wrote:

> Hi all
>
> On 3.3.12 I've added the DOI filed to the advanced search. Yet searching for a certain DOI e.g. "10.1371/journal.pone.0075761" leads to several hits.
> http://boris.unibe.ch/cgi/search/advanced?screen=Search&doi=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0075761&satisfyall=ALL&order=-date%2Fcreators_name%2Ftitle&_action_search=Suchen [5]
>
> 213 DOI matches " 10.1371/journal.pone.0075761" (Ignoring: "10")
>
> It seems that the doi is split into several pieces (using the dot as delimiter) and therefore ignoring the numbers? What's the reason for this setting?
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian
>
> BTW, search for a doi with simple search (xapian activated) works wonderful.

> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/ [2]
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/ [3]
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/ [4]

Links: