[EP-tech] problem with file names in IE

Greetings all,

I wonder if any of you have experienced this issue, and if so, did you have a fix?

We’ve just been ‘upgraded’ so all our machines now have Windows 7 and IE 8.

When we do a file upload through IE8 the pdf ends up with a crazy name containing the full UNC path of the file

E.g.  Uploading “actualFileName.pdf” from my desktop results in a file called

“__Fileserver_UserDocuments_Userid_Desktop_actualFileName.pdf”

being attached to the eprint.

If I do the upload via Chrome (either with the ‘choose file’ button or by drag and drop) then the filename is correct (“actualFileName.pdf”) on the eprint.

Thoughts, opinions & solutions anyone?

Cheers,

Alan

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).