[EP-tech] Re: Alphabetised Lists and Diacritics

Hi Yvonne

You can use the make_single_value_orderkey setting to call a function that manipulates the diacritics to get the result you want. We use the following so that diacritics are ignored for ordering purposes:

use Text::Unidecode;

sub make_id_orderkey_single

{

     my ( $self, $value, $session, $langid, $dataset ) = @_;

     # convert to upper case ASCII

     my $orderkey = uc( unidecode( $value ) );

     # ignore apostrophes and hyphens

     $orderkey =~ s/['-]//g;

     return $orderkey

}