[EP-tech] Re: Memory usage in 3.2, Sword 1.3 and epdata packages

With no real knowledge, and certainly no investigation.... I would suspect the problem is actually with how the base64 files are handled, rather then being an EPrints memory leak per sae.

From the SWORD importers I've written, the process seems to be to
1) read in the deposit
2) unpack the deposit (zip into disk space, XML into memory)
3) create the eprint object
4) attach the files
5) write everything out

So I would suspect that what's happening is that all your base64 files are created (in memory) from the XML (which is also in memory)