[EP-tech] Re: Web of Science Web Services Premium for citation count plugin?

Il 22/05/2013 15:07, christian.gutknecht@ub.unibe.ch ha scritto:
I’m trying to figure out the requirements for the Web of Science Citation Count plugin: http://files.eprints.org/815/

In the description it is mentioned that access to „Web of Science Web Services Premium“ is needed. Does this come with a regular subscription to Web of Science?
I remember that there was some discussion, that Thomson Reuters have moved the output of citation count to a web service, which costs extra.
However except the technical documentation (http://science.thomsonreuters.com/tutorials/wsp_docs/soap/Guide/) I can’t find any information about that Web Service Premium and the Web Service website
(http://wokinfo.com/products_tools/products/related/webservices/) doesn’t mention any Premium Webservice. The registration there leads just to Web Services Lite.

Can it be that the Premium Web Service is now called „Article Match Retrieval“? http://researchanalytics.thomsonreuters.com/solutions/amr/

Best regards

Christian

Hi Christian.

No. After a long debate with Thomson Reuters (the last email arrived me TODAY :-) ) i managed to understand that :

-) "Times cited" number is no more obtainable by Web service lite 3.0 API
-) To obtain "times cited" number need to use AMR
-) AMR is NOT the Premium Web Service service (the Premium Web Service is part of Incite package, http://researchanalytics.thomsonreuters.com/incites/ )
-) AMR is part of (our standard) WOS subscription. I hope this is valid also for other standard subscriber.
-) FAQ for AMR: http://wokinfo.com/directlinks/amrfaq/