Von:    Sebastien Francois <sf2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An:     eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk,
Datum:  24.06.2013 14:04
Betreff:        [EP-tech] Re: Antwort:  Re: IRStats 2 and data security
Gesendet von:   eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk

What do you call a user? an IP address?

EPrints stores the IP address of a download request (in the 'access'
dataset), IRStats2 processes it in order to find out its geo-location (the
country). Aggregates of country data is rendered on the GeoMap.

^^ that's the only scenario where something is done with the IP address
within IRStats2. Other metrics don't require that piece of information.

Seb.