[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Audio (mp3) preview in 3.3
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Audio (mp3) preview in 3.3
- From: J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk (John Salter)
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:51:46 +0100
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|11e185b4b6a20f7bfee11aa688af9df9p5HDAH14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAJRBBe5U6t_5B+N1btAZSZcoL=Xnp2Tf8pfH6Vq6WeqpsAJSWQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJRBBe5U6t_5B+N1btAZSZcoL=Xnp2Tf8pfH6Vq6WeqpsAJSWQ@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|11e185b4b6a20f7bfee11aa688af9df9p5HDAH14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CAJRBBe5U6t_5B+N1btAZSZcoL=Xnp2Tf8pfH6Vq6WeqpsAJSWQ@mail.gmail.com>
In EPrints 3.3.10, look in:
~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Convert/Thumbnails.pm, it mentions audio and video previews.
In the out-the-box citation for an eprint, ~/archives/[ARCHIVEID]/cfg/citations/eprint/summary_page.xml, there is code to render an audio preview.
I've never used this - but I hope it works!
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sofia Tsopani
Sent: 18 June 2013 13:09
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Audio (mp3) preview in 3.3
what would be the 'neatest' way to enable audio (mp3) preview in Eprints 3.3 ? I was thinking of an html5/flowplayer like solution.
Looking at the list archives, there are references for PreviewPlus and Kultur approaches.
The first (PreviewPlus/Edshare) seems to stop at 3.2 version.
The second (kultur) engages manual installation steps which I would like to avoid, considering future upgrades.
Ideally I would be interested in 'previewing' all audio and 'hide' downloading (I'm not really considering a wowza-like streaming solution, pseudo-streaming would be ok).
I would appreciate any related information.
Thank you in advance,
School of Music Studies
Faculty of Fine Arts,
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...