[EP-tech] EPrints 3.3 Appliance

Hello,
I'm working on a project to produce what we're currently calling the Jisc Software Hub - a platform for showcasing software produced from Jisc-funded projects.

As part of the project we're investigating the feasibility of producing VMs of the featured software which users can deploy to a virtualisation platform and/or public cloud.

Some of the software outputs we're looking at are plugins for eprints, so one of my first experiments to was produce a virtual appliance for people to try out ePrints.

You can find the current version of the appliance and documentation at https://oxfile.ox.ac.uk/oxfile/work/extBox?id=70429A89730444884 It's basically a stock install of eprints 3.3 on Ubuntu with a demo repository set up. I've written a small config page in PHP (/var/www/index.php) to allow you to set the hostname. It may not be the cleanest or most secure solution so feel free to poke holes in it.

The build of the appliance is detailed in eprints_appliance.md. Usage instructions are detailed in eprints_readme.md.

Any other thoughts would be welcome!

Cheers
Mark

--