[EP-tech] Re: One document limit in EPrints XML SWORD package format

  • To: "EPrints.org Technical List" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [EP-tech] Re: One document limit in EPrints XML SWORD package format
  • From: David Kane <dkane@wit.ie>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:28:36 +0000

Why not just get the SWORD packager to create a zip of EPrints XML, with multiple files embedded.  This would get around the whole problem in one stroke.  Is it possible?

David.

On 17 December 2012 09:20, Ian Stuart <Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
On 16/12/12 23:36, Mark Gregson wrote:
> Thanks Ian.  I implemented a plugin along the lines I was thinking and that works ok. Does yours do else besides removing the document limit?
>
> What's the issue with unzip in 3.2?

In 3.2, the unzip function works by unzipping the file, then doing a
"readdir" to get the list of files.

This fails if there are any files in subdirectories.

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

David Kane, MLIS.
Systems Librarian
Waterford Institute of Technology
Ireland