[EP-tech] Views of multiple compound fields

Hi,

our series field is of the compound type, consisting of the components
for series name and a number for proper ordering. It is a multiple
field. Our view of the series uses a custom row template that shall
display the name and the number by which the item in question is
arranged in order of the other items of that series.

But having an item that is associated with more than one series, the
view would list unfortunately all its numbers in a bulk, thus the user
can't tell in the first place which number relates to the currently
viewed series.

Is there a preferably clean and elegant way to overcome that issue? :-)

http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/artdok/view/schriftenreihen/sr-27.html

Additional question, not as urgent: Doesn't seem I can define a
render_single_value hook for compound fields on the compound versus the
atomic value level, can I? A table just doesn't fit quite well in the
page (esp. the <th> line is somewhat, well, annoying given the tininess
of the table), I'd rather favor an ul/ol context or at least <br>
separated lines cf. the "Subject (classification)" field. Fortunately
however, I can style it a bit with CSS, simply added to the tr elements
an id containing the fieldname.

Kind regards,
Florian

--