[EP-tech] Re: Eprints 3.3.6 on CentOS 6.3 - Exports of Citations not working

http://repository.cshl.edu/cgi/search/simple?q=james&_action_search=Search&_action_search=Search&_order=bytitle&basic_srchtype=ALL&_satisfyall=ALL

http://repository.cshl.edu/cgi/search/archive/simple/export_cshleprints3_Text.txt?screen=Searchndataset=archiven_action_export=1noutput=Textnexp=0|0|-date%2Fcreators_name%2Ftitle|archive|-|q%3Aabstract%2Fcreators_name%2Fcshl_author%2Fdate%2Fdocuments%2Ftitle%3AALL%3AIN%3Ajames|-|eprint_status%3Aeprint_status%3AANY%3AEQ%3Aarchive|metadata_visibility%3Ametadata_visibility%3AANY%3AEQ%3Ashow&cache=55555

http://repository.cshl.edu/cgi/search/archive/simple/export_cshleprints3_Text.txt/export_cshleprints3_BibTeX.bib?screen=Searchndataset=archiven_action_export=1noutput=BibTeXnexp=0|0|-date%2Fcreators_name%2Ftitle|archive|-|q%3Aabstract%2Fcreators_name%2Fcshl_author%2Fdate%2Fdocuments%2Ftitle%3AALL%3AIN%3Ajames|-|eprint_status%3Aeprint_status%3AANY%3AEQ%3Aarchive|metadata_visibility%3Ametadata_visibility%3AANY%3AEQ%3Ashow&cache=55557

> The content of the page remains the same (the initial simple search), not
> the expect "ACSII Citation". So I am not sure, if Eprints is building the
> URL correctly.
>
> It gets a little more interesting when I "ASCII Citation" Export on a
> "Browse by Year" page. Here the listing initially appears to work,
> displaying the whole page of citation within the browser, but right at
the
> end of the page gets loaded again and only three of the entries remain.
> Strange.
>
> However, the BibTex export seems OK when performed from the "Browse by
> Year".
>
> Background:
> I'm running Eprints 3.3.6 on CentOS6.3, which had been recently upgraded
> from CentOS 6.0. Since the upgrade, I needed to modify the   entities
> in the system.xml file. Did not downgrade the libxml2 nor libxml2-python.
>
> BTW - the BibTex and all other export modules are  displaying within the
> browser (Firefox) screen, should they not be forced to a save-as file
> dialog.

Hi,

You've been bitten by a change in how the URI module works. If you notice
all the '&'s have been turned into 'n's.

There was a fix for this in Search.pm:
http://trac.eprints.org/eprints/changeset/7686

--
All the best,