[EP-tech] Re: NET::SMTP needs Hello in EPrints 3.3.10

Am 20.11.2012 11:40, schrieb Schallehn, Volker:
Hi,

sending Mail via SMTP (EPrints 3.3.10) results in a mail header like

[...]

[...]

[...]
As a quick and dirty workaround we changed the behavior of
EPrints::Utils::send_mail_via_smtp (line 160), from

my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new( $smtphost );

my $smtp = Net::SMTP->new( $smtphost, Hello => 'my.eprints.domain' );

Thanks for sharing, Herr Schallehn,

guess you are meaning EPrints::Email, not EPrints:Utils.

As we experience requests from users asking whether or when the confirmation email is sent, this could be our problem, too. We will have several EPrints instances based on the same installation, so we would then assign $p{session}->config("host") and reckon that should be preferred for the sake of robust code on single installations as well.

Kind regards,
Florian Heß

--
UB Heidelberg (Altstadt)