[EP-tech] Re: oai filters

On 23/10/12 15:08, Yuri wrote:
Il 23/10/2012 15:55, Sebastien Francois ha scritto:
Hi Yuri,

pong!

I'm not sure you can use filters to filter items *out* (or perhaps this
was added in 3.3, I don't recall).

So you might just need to set opposite values to your items: you want to
exclude items which has X in field Y ? Then set !X to all other items
and filter on !X (I recall doing that exact thing on a French
repository). You can then even have custom sets in OAI (perhaps that's
your aim).

Hope this will help you,
Seb.

do you have more details?

Say you want to filter *out* stuff where field "oai_set" = "hide" (that's your Y = X).

You'll have a set of items that will have oai_set = "hide". Then also flag the other items with (eg.) oai_set = "show" and filter on that value in OAI.

Then in oai.pl:

$oai->{filters} = [
    { meta_fields => [ 'oai_set' ], value => 'show', match => 'EX' } ]
];

You see what I mean?

I suggest this approach because I don't think there is a "match" operator in EPrints that can do "not equal to" (the opposite of match => 'EX' on the above line).

Seb.