From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 15 October 2012 16:24
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Comments in XML configuration files: beware! (possibly needs fixing)

I give to you:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Control_Format#epc:comment

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: 15 October 2012 15:14
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk'

Aaah, thanks for the info - it looks like there may be others who thought the way I did - e.g.
http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1338563/ contains:
<!-- title --><!-- cite:linkhere><xhtml:em><print expr="title" opts="magicstop"/></xhtml:em></cite:linkhere --><!-- if test="is_set(translators)">(<print expr="translators"/>, Trans.).</if --><!-- print type info where required --><!-- print subtype info where required --><!-- if test="is_set(data_type)">[<print expr="data_type"/>].</if --><!-- publication details -->

Is it worth adding something like this to the top of the citation files:
<!--
          Full citation for an eprint.
XML Comments contained within the cite:citation block will be rendered in citations using this file.
To make comments that aren't rendered, use an <epc:comment>...</epc:comment> block
-->

 - or even a link to the wiki page explaining the existence of such an option (I couldn't find one, but I'm sure such a feature *would* be documented ;o)
I'll add something to http://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Control_Format