[EP-tech] Re: upgrade to 3.3.x from 3.2.8

Hi all,

Since nobody replied, I am replying to my own question!

My plan to upgrade is like this:

As root:

1. Download tar file

2. unpack tar file to /home/mydir

3. cd /home/mydir/eprints-3.3.x

4.  ./configure --prefix /var/lib/eprints3 (this is where our current eprints is)

 5.  ./install.pl

6.  (as eprints) cd /var/lib/eprints3

 7. epadmin upgrade ourarchive

8.  restart Apache

This will probably upgrade our repo.But I would still like to know a few things:

* which is the stable one in 3.3.x and can I go directly from 3.2.8 to 3.3.x

*What happens to the old configuration/code files , are they overwritten?

In the past when we did the upgrade, we actually did a clean install and create (in a new server) and then brought in the db and documents before running the upgrade process.In that case I had to do re-do all the customization manually again.But this time I would like to run the upgrade process in already existing one.

Thanks in advance for help.

Ranju Upadhyay
National University of Ireland Maynooth.