[EP-tech] Re: backup

On 04/09/12 06:23, Masomeh Adhami wrote:
Hi

  I would like to know how to take full backup from my eprints
repository? I want to import this backup to another eprints repository

How to copy data from one instance of the Depot to another

when creating a new version of the service, you will want to copy the data across.

*Exporting*
Use the admin interface of the service, and export all the users (as "EP3 XML") and items (as "EP3 XML with Files Included")

*Importing*
Having created a working installation, with the additional tables, extra fields, and new code used in the EDINA service, and at least tested that one can generate the static pages, you are ready to import data.

*users*
The users should be imported with their own userIDs, and their existing datestamps:

bin/import depot --enable-import-ids --enable-import-datestamps user XML exported.users.file.xml

You will also need to copy across the (encrypted) passwords, as these are not included in the export file (wisely enough.)

This can really only be done at SQL level:

Update newDB.user, oldDB.user SET newDB.user.password = oldDB.user.password where newDB.user.userid = oldDB.user.userid

*eprints*
The eprints also need to be imported, keeping the ID tags (which should therefor match the original depositors) and the data/time stamps (so maintain a sense of chronology):

bin/import depot --enable-import-ids --enable-import-datestamps eprint XML exported.eprints.file.xml

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.