[EP-tech] Re: How to customise Division listings

Hi John

Thanks, we were closed for few days for our National Day. I've completed till step 4 below, wasn't sure of step 5 onwards, hope you can help again.

For Step (5) to remove the old "University Structure" refers to clicking at the Unlink, then click unlink on all the existing old sub-nodes? Is this correct.
The Eprint box column value should always be a zero value? I attached herewith the latest configuration for your perusal.

Is there a need to restart server after completing all the steps?

Regards
Chew

>>> On Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM, in message <EMEW3|13d3dc89d34be1d9539b5214a4069763o7YEYn14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|7154BCBB8909D642AE6F44CA713DBC20056B9EB630FA@HERMES7.ds.leeds.ac.uk>, John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi Chew,
 You can view the configuration files in the admin interface - without going to the command line:
Admin -> Config Tools -> View Configuration (and then select the file). It's good to understand this a little bit.

To solve your divisions issue, I would do the following:
1. From the top-level of the subjects, enter 'divisions' as a Subject ID string, and click 'create'.
2. Enter a name for it ('new university structure' - so you can tell which one is which - you can edit the name later!)
3. From the new node ( URL should be ...dataobj=divisions), link each of your new nodes: Link existing subject -> choose 'LI' for 'Learning and Library'.
4. After linking all the divisions to the 'new university structure', you should be able to unlink them from the top-level.
5. Remove the old 'University Structure'
6. Rename the 'new university structure' to 'University Structure'.
7. :o)

Hopefully that will sort thinks out.