[EP-tech] Secrurity profile of E-Pirnts

Dear friends:

We have developed a virtual library using E-Prints, and up to now we have some 500 records in it.  But now that I thought we are ready to put it on line, our informatics manager is questioning what he calls “the security profile” of this software.  He wants me to tell him what risks we run if we install our virtual library in the institutional server.   I am a librarian, not an informatics professional, and I do not find any information regarding this issue in the E-Prints website.  ¿How can E-Prints affect other softwares installed in the same server?  ¿Can it serve as gateway to viruses, Trojans, etc. which  would infect the server?  ¿What other risks might it have?  Are there documented cases of problems with security issues that would be helpful to me?

Any information you would share with me would be greatly appreciated.

Francisco Ralón