From: Phil Pearson <philpearson@iinet.net.au>
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sent: Monday, 30 July 2012, 14:28
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Fw: EPrints Indexer Service error

It is more than likely permissions, you need to run the command as an administrator and the administrator must have access to the directory structure, look at the directory tree and cascade down making sure that the administrator user has the permissions it needs on the files and directories.  If you are unsure of where the denial is happening then you can use process monitor for windows to see where it is being denied access.  you can get that here:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

careful it generates a lot of data, start the capture just before you run the command and stop as soon as you get the error, you will have pages of data to read through but you can filter it so you only get access denied errors.  It should show you where the problem is.

The error in the apache log is more than likely because the service has not been installed yet which is what you are trying to do.  That should go away once you have fixed the first error.