[EP-tech] Re: Change management

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 16:38 +0200, Jan Ploski wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> It's a relief to hear that only a few configuration items are stored in
> the database - please keep it that way!
>
> IIRC, db attributes for custom fields also need to be created manually,
> so there is need for some synchronization mechanism dev->production.
> Anything else that comes to mind?

In current releases (except where I broke it ...) custom fields created
through the GUI are only in the database during creation. When you
"commit" they're written to a file and removed from the db.

If you mean the db columns for new fields need to be created, you are
correct. That means if you're migrating devel -> live you will need to
do:
./bin/epadmin update [archiveid]

/Tim.