[EP-tech] Re: Create item's new version

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 16:47 +0300, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 18:37 +0300, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I was trying to find out how to create a new version of an item as the
>> administrator of the repository but I couldn't find it!
>>
>> Is this true or am I too stubborn to find it?
>
> (On trunk version) I see "New version" under the 'Actions' for an eprint
> owned by a user when I'm logged in as an admin?
>
> What do you see under the eprint's actions tab?

There is no "Actions" Tab when I am logged in as administrator!

The steps I am performing are the following:

1)Logging in as administrator
2)Manage records
3)Select one (View) that has been deposited by a normal user
4)Then I get only "Edit" and "Destroy" as tabs and below are the
options "Details" and "Export"

On the other hand when logged in as the user that has deposited the
eprint when I try "View" I get the following 4 tabs : "Preview",
"Details", "Actions", "History".  But these are NOT visible as the
Administrator!

Ah, I'm afraid "Manage records" is a confusion for admins, especially
when looking at eprint records.

Find the item via a normal route (summary page -> View item) or Admin
item search.

"Manage records" is a generic swiss-army knife, that won't show you any
special actions. The two views on records (/items) will eventually
merge, as the eprints internals get sorted out.

--
All the best,
Tim

Thanks a million Tim!

I didn't know that and I couldn't imagine it! Now everything looks fine!

Cheers,

G.