[EP-tech] Re: Create item's new version

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 16:47 +0300, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 18:37 +0300, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I was trying to find out how to create a new version of an item as the
> >> administrator of the repository but I couldn't find it!
> >>
> >> Is this true or am I too stubborn to find it?
> >
> > (On trunk version) I see "New version" under the 'Actions' for an eprint
> > owned by a user when I'm logged in as an admin?
> >
> > What do you see under the eprint's actions tab?

> There is no "Actions" Tab when I am logged in as administrator!
>
> The steps I am performing are the following:
>
> 1)Logging in as administrator
> 2)Manage records
> 3)Select one (View) that has been deposited by a normal user
> 4)Then I get only "Edit" and "Destroy" as tabs and below are the
> options "Details" and "Export"
>
> On the other hand when logged in as the user that has deposited the
> eprint when I try "View" I get the following 4 tabs : "Preview",
> "Details", "Actions", "History".  But these are NOT visible as the
> Administrator!

Ah, I'm afraid "Manage records" is a confusion for admins, especially
when looking at eprint records.

Find the item via a normal route (summary page -> View item) or Admin
item search.

"Manage records" is a generic swiss-army knife, that won't show you any
special actions. The two views on records (/items) will eventually
merge, as the eprints internals get sorted out.

--
All the best,
Tim