[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Searches - more information *PLEASE HELP*
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Searches - more information *PLEASE HELP*
- From: tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Brody)
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:48:01 +0100
- In-reply-to: <0EC56CCF92D1624A9D23D85B9D874B07692E4E@Acheron.ACF.LOCAL>
- References: <0EC56CCF92D1624A9D23D85B9D874B07692E4E@Acheron.ACF.LOCAL>
On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 07:22 +0000, A.Dun at acfonline.org.au wrote:
> With regards to previous email for searches not working
> If there is a colon ":" in the title it is not finding words before the colon but finding them after, this is happening with multiple items.
> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Note: starting in 3.3 ':' is meaningful in simple searches and
constrains the next term to the given field e.g.
Will search the title field only for "phenomenon".
I need an exact description of what you're doing - the raw "title", the
indexed terms and the raw string(s) your searching with.
Otherwise, can you give me direct access to your server?
All the best,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20120501/0b3fd7c5/attachment.bin