[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: 3.3.6 JS error in batch Edit
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: 3.3.6 JS error in batch Edit
- From: d.pitzalis at cyi.ac.cy (Denis Pitzalis - STARC)
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:46:24 +0200
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|df85bfce3e18063feac3b33a14c3a6b5nB6BZN14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EDF4BC3.email@example.com>
- References: <4EB29366.firstname.lastname@example.org> <EMEW3|ed33e35dfc1792c083a1fbb39d35cc1anA2DE214eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EB29366.email@example.com> <4EDF4444.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EDF4BC3.email@example.com> <EMEW3|5443633a024bf89c629bc53bf8019035nB6AnI14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EDF4444.firstname.lastname@example.org> <EMEW3|df85bfce3e18063feac3b33a14c3a6b5nB6BZN14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EDF4BC3.email@example.com>
The error is still present in 3.3.8 with the same symptoms :(
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Rory McNicholl <r.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> I need to correct/clarify this bit.
> On 07/12/11 10:47, Rory McNicholl wrote:
> Lastly (and most weirdly) I was doing a batch remove on my mac with chrome
> the response was as explained above. The result was that nothing got
> I did the same action from chrome on ubuntu, but although the JS and perl
> errors were the same as described above the items *did* get removed.
> This was not actually what happened. The JS errors persist for batch editing
> and batch removal, however the batch editing does actually happen (There are
> no perl errors).
> What I had done was moved the records into the user area and thought they
> had been deleted. Of course the lack of prgress bar/reporting when batch
> editing added to the confusion.
> - So Batch editing does work, but doesn't tell the user it has worked.
> - Batch removal doesn't work and doesn't tell the user it has not worked or
> worked or anything.
> Rory McNicholl
> Technical Manager
> Digital Archives & Repositories Team
> University of London Computer Centre
> Senate House
> Malet Street
> WC1E 7HU
> t: +44 (0)20 7863 1344
> e: r.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk
> w: http://www.ulcc.ac.uk/
> b: http://dablog.ulcc.ac.uk/
> The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales and a
> charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
Information Technology Consultant
UNESCO - http://www.unesco.org
Paris, France - Tel: +33145681816
Business Strand Coordinator
3D-COFORM - http://www.3dcoform.eu
VAST 2011 - http://www.vast-conference.eu