From: Alex Birchall <a.birchall at mdx.ac.uk>
To: eprints-tech <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Fri, Mar 23, 2012 9:14 am
Subject: [EP-tech] Adding link to database of experts -- vague instructions

Hi,

I am using EPrints 3.2.8 (Apple Crumble).

I have been handed some vague, disjointed instructions that would supposedly add

a link from an item's summary record page to and "expert database".  Trouble is,

I am finding the instructions a bit hard to interpret.

The instructions essentially say this.

Do something with the related_url section in the file /usr/share/archives/archiveID/cfg/cfg.d/eprint_fields.pl.

(What?)

Rename the author to Expert's profile in the file /usr/share/archives/archiveID/cfg/lang/en/phrases/local.xml.

Put this line into that file:

"<epp:phrase id="eprint_fieldopt_related_url_type_author">Expert's

Profile</epp:phrase>" (this file does not exist, should I create it?)

Apparently, the above "overwrites the default (which is just Author)."

Make sure they are rendered by editing the file /usr/share/eprints3/archives/archiveID/cfg/citations/eprint/summary.xml.

Add the following to that file:

</epc:set>

  <epc:if test="is_set(related_url)">

expr="related_url" /></p>