[EP-tech] Re: adding a dark archive

On 06/06/12 12:52, Tim Brody wrote:
On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 10:12 +0100, Ian Stuart wrote:
Environment: EPrints 3.2

I'm following http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Building_a_DataSet and it's not
clear where the code for defining the virtual dataset is actually
defined (as in which file, or which directory some new file should be in.)

It refers to a configuration file defined in the Workflow exercise -
except I'm not finding that definition in that documentation :(

Hmm, that looks like an old instruction page to me. There is no (?)
"postins" method.

Anyway, that approach won't work in 3.2 because you can't override a
core field (eprints_status) from a cfg.d file - add_dataset_field
appears in 3.3.

Otherwise the approach is largely sane ...

In 3.2, you need to alter the lists in perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/Items.pm; perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj/EPrint.pm; and cgi/counter

I'm still working out how to get the right buttons to appear in various places, and stuff

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.