[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Upgrade from 3.2.8 to 3.3.8 the APT way
- Subject: [EP-tech] Upgrade from 3.2.8 to 3.3.8 the APT way
- From: orehmann at hsr.ch (orehmann at hsr.ch)
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:27:57 +0000
I am running a eprints (3.2.8) installation on a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS system.
I just did a
# apt-get update
# apt-get dist-upgrade
# su - eprints
# ./bin/epadmin upgrade <archive-id>
Everything is fine so far. I thought that this would upgrade my eprints 3.2.8 to 3.3.8 as well but found that eprints
seems to have upgraded to 3.2.9 only. ("eprints" was in the list of updates suggested by apt-get)
Now my question is:
- How do I upgrade an existing eprints 3.2.x installation to the latest version (3.3.8) by using apt-get.
- I do not want to extract tarballs or move away from the APT path which works fine so far.
- My system has some minor customization which I think I could handle.
So is there a way to bring a 3.2.x system to the most recent released version?