[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Moving EPrints to a New server
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Moving EPrints to a New server
- From: mark.gregson at qut.edu.au (Mark Gregson)
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 09:22:25 +1000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|b51b404fc9885719983612b2575c8fa0oB2MR014eprintsfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <EMEW3|fc09e2178111a93bdd6868286946907foB2Hdf14eprintsfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <EMEW3|b51b404fc9885719983612b2575c8fa0oB2MR014eprintsfirstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm pretty sure this has been answered on the list previously, which is possibly why no-one has been inclined to reply. There is also a wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Moving_a_repository.
The Linux distribution on your servers is irrelevant to the question of transferring the documents from one repository to another.
Mark Gregson | Applications and Development Team Leader
Library eServices | Queensland University of Technology
Level 3 | R Block | Kelvin Grove Campus | GPO Box 2434 | Brisbane 4001
Phone: +61 7 3138 3782 | Web: http://eprints.qut.edu.au/
ABN: 83 791 724 622
CRICOS No: 00213J
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Francisco Ral?n
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2012 8:26 AM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Moving EPrints to a New server
I am re-sending this message as I cannot believe I have had no answers to it yet.
We have a new server to which we plan to move our old repository. This one was in Fedora, but the new server is in Debian.
We have these questions for which we have not found answers in the
1. We have stored some 645 documents already (using Fedora). Can they
be exported somehow and then
imported to the EPrints in the new server using Debian? We have v. 3.3.1
in the new server
2. Our main interest is saving those 645 documents as they are, in
not to loose all the time and effort it took to create them in the repository.
Thank you for your help.
Universidad del Valle de Guatemala Altiplano Solola. Guatemala.
*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
*** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/