[EP-tech] Re: import plugins supported by 3.2.8

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 15:51 +0000, Ranju Upadhyay wrote:
> Thanks Tim and Denis.I guess I could use xsltproc for debugging my
> xslt but looking for something more windows based here as the
> transformation will actually be done in windows environment.
>
> Moreover the editors are good for making recommendations for tags and
> applying conditions, hand crafting can be bit hard!

Download the oXygen XML trial - it's Java so works x-platform.
(I imagine XML Spy and others can do the same job)

Pretty UIs normally require paying for :-)

By the by, libxslt (xsltproc) supports callbacks and can be used via
XML::LibXSLT. E.g. for the migration I've just done I needed to map some
values using large lookup tables, so I wrote a thin Perl script that
loaded the mapping table + xslt and applied it to the source XML. That
way, you can use XSLT to do the XML heavy-lifting and a scripting
language to do the complex value mapping.

/Tim.