[EP-tech] Re: EPrints behind a reverse proxy

Il 27/02/2012 14:55, Ian Stuart ha scritto:
On 27/02/12 13:19, Yuri wrote:
Il 27/02/2012 13:32, Ian Stuart ha scritto:
On 27/02/12 12:07, raffaele messuti wrote:
still not convinced , but i'll try ;)

the parameters entered in epadmin create (hostname and port) are
written in 10_core.pl
where is the magic in changing it later? they are written elsewhere?
The "change it back" part is under "Configuring the repository"

The way a reverse-proxy works is thus:

1) Request comes in for host1.example.com
2) Proxy translates the address to services.example.com:1234
3) Backend server does whatever it needs to do&    writes the page (to the
proxy server)
4) Proxy server takes the response, and replaces the address line from
services.example.com:1234 to host1.example.com (but leaves the content
as is)
What if the content contain urls to services.example.com:1234? :)
Then the contents contain services.example.com:1234 when the browser
sees host1.example.com in the address bar.... and when the user clicks
on the link, the client will switch to using services.example.com:1234
(assuming the firewall for their organisation does not block port 1234)

I don't think this is transparent to the user :)

I think he needs a virtual host support built inside EPrints, to make proxyng transparent.