From: Mark Gregson
Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012 15:18
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Cc: Matthew Kerwin
Subject: Namespace information stripped from templates

Namespace declarations along with namespace component of attribute and elements names within templates are not preserved during preparation and output of pages (in 3.2.7). It appears that EPrints::XHTML::to_xhtml() is the culprit, actively stripping namespace info from the elements and attributes.  We came across this while trying to set xml:lang attribute on the html element.

I'm not sure this would be essential to anybody, it may be, but it would be nice if it was fixed for things like specifying xml:lang, Facebook integration, etc.

Cheers
Mark

Mark Gregson | Application and Development Team Leader
Library eServices
Level 2 | I Block | Kelvin Grove Campus
x83782