3.4.2 is our latest release of EPrints which addresses a number of known accessibility issues identified with earlier versions. We encourage all EPrints users to upgrade to this version to benefit from these improvements.
In this roadmap “accessibility compliant” is intended to mean that a page reports no errors, alerts or contrast errors according to the Chrome Extension of the WAVE web accessibilty evaluation tool. For the purposes of this roadmap “user-generated content” will be considered as that generated by EPrints’ testdata/bin/import_test_data script.EPrints
Ensure all pages accessible without login are accessibility compiliant, except where this would directly effect them from fulfilling their function as an Open Access archive, (e.g. links to PDF documents). This includes:
- Fully static pages. Such as the Home, About, About EPrints, Repository Policies, Accessibility, etc. pages.
- Standard form-based pages. Such as Simple Search, Advanced Search, Create Account pages.
- Pages generated from user-generated content. Such as browse views, abstract pages, result pages from searches, etc. Assuming typical user-generated content.
Some or more of the pages listed under future releases may be included in this release dependent on the ease in making these accessibility compliant and the time available to work on this.
EPrints 3.4.3 release
Ensure all commonly used pages accessible to only logged in users are accessibility compliant, when using typical user-generated content. This includes:
- Manage deposits page
- View and edit pages for deposits
- Review pages for deposits
- Manage records page and its subsidiary “Manage [dataset]” pages
- Admin Menu
- Create, view and edit pages for users
- View and edit pages for saved searches
- Admin search pages for items, issues, users and history
- Repository status page
- Create user page
- EPrints Bazaar
- Send test email page
- Database schema page
- Storage manager page
- Phrase editor and editing phrases pages
- Edit subject pages
- Manage metadata fields pages