EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive
See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.
Message: #10428
< Previous (by date) | Next (by date) > | < Previous (in thread) | Next (in thread) > | Messages - Most Recent First | Threads - Most Recent First
Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- To: "eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
- Subject: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- From: John Salter <J.Salter@leeds.ac.uk>
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2026 13:20:36 +0000
|
CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton.
Hi Yuri,
I don't have any experience of using it, so can't comment on your questions, but thought I would flag this, in case you hadn't spotted it:
NB it is 15 years old - I'd review the module before trying it! No idea if it works.
Cheers,
John
From: eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Yuri <yurj@alfa.it>
Sent: 29 September 2026 13:59 To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk> Subject: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3 CAUTION: External Message. Use caution opening links and attachments.
CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. I'm thinking about mounting an S3 bucket in the server and test myself if it works correctly. Other than the common operation, are there some particular tests I can do to check if using S3 as a disk works correctly? Il 24/09/26 17:16, Yuri ha scritto: > CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. > > CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. > > Hi! > > Do you have any experience on using S3 for the documents/diskX > directory? My idea would like to create a diskX mounting an S3 share as > a folder in the server and using for big dataset (> 500GB). The user > would flag "This is a big dataset" in the metadata, and those eprints > documents would be stored there. Is it possible? Alternatively, I would > store anything in S3 but I'm puzzled about stability and S3 > particularities (for example there's no move but copy and delete to move > a file between folders). > > Thanks for any info! > > > *** Options: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=""> > *** Archive: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=""> > *** EPrints community wiki: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=""> > |
- References:
- [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- From: Yuri <yurj@alfa.it>
- Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- From: Yuri <yurj@alfa.it>
- [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- Prev by Date: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- Previous by thread: Re: [EP-tech] EPrints and S3
- Index(es):
