EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

[EP-tech] 0 byte file uploads

Dear all,

in our repository, we have found a few PDFs that are 0 bytes long (actually, it’s a 0.05 per mille problem).

We are not sure how this has happened – we don’t think that there are problems with the drive (it’s mirrored), rather we think that the problem originates from the user’s side, e.g. that something happened at upload or the file was already faulty on the user’s drive.

Indeed, it’s possible to upload a file with 0 bytes length to EPrints without any problem as we had tested.

However, I think this should be checked by the file uploader and a warning should be issued to the user. This seems not to be implemented yet.

Kind regards,

Martin

--

Dr. Martin Brändle