EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] coversheets

Hi Tomasz,

There is an alternative coversheets plugin at https://github.com/eprintsug/coversheets-latex/tree/data_checking which we use at CoSector. This one uses LaTeX for its coverpages (which may be a downside!) and regretfully the documentation isn't super up to date. But if you are familiar with LaTeX it's not too tricky to get up and running hopefully.

As to why people are keen to have coverpages, I'm not so sure! I've always been under the impression it's a way for institution's to brand some content as coming from their repository and being affiliated with the institution, but I imagine there are also some Google Scholar indexing benefits too.

Many thanks,

Will

Will Fyson
Development & Support Analyst, Research Technologies
CoSector, University of London
Senate House
Malet Street
London
WC1E 7HU

t: +44 (0)20 7863 1341
e: will.fyson@cosector.com
w: https://cosector.com/digital-research/

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales.