EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

[EP-tech] Redirect loop after shibboleth authentication

Hi

I’m currently migrating our eprints (version 3.4.5) repository from CentOS 7 to RHEL 8, everything has gone smoothly  apart from the repository going into a redirect loop after the session has authenticated and you’re redirected back to a logged in session on the repo with:

https://orca-dev2.cardiff.ac.uk/shibboleth/login?target=https%3A%2F%2Forca-dev2.cardiff.ac.uk%2Fcgi%2Fusers%2Fhome

If you then hit return on the browsers address the users home page is displayed successfully

Looking at the http headers it appears that the secure_eprints_session value isn’t being set in a cookie (I’ve compared headers to the working CentOS 7 dev system) on that first redirect after shibboleth authentication has completed

The config is identical to the one that is currently running on our CentOS 7 environment, and the versions of Apache are also the same, there is a small difference in perl versions (5.16 and 5.26). The main difference is that I’m using our test idp to authenticate against using a hosts file change on my macbook instead of using out production idp.  Would this make a difference?

Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated – I’ve hit a brick wall with this

Thanks

Lee