[EP-tech] migration recommendation(s): move to mariadb or upgrade mysql?

Hi all,

since the EOL of mysql 5.7, we intend to upgrade, but are doubtful about the direction:
Should we (after sticking with mysql for historical reasons) follow now the Debian standard and introduce mariaDB?
Or is it better to upgrade to mysql 8.0?

Happy New Year & many thanks for any pointers in advance
Thomas