Re: [EP-tech] Installing Eprints 3.4.5 using GIT

Thank you for your help!

On Thu, Dec 7, 2023, 4:33 AM David R Newman <drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi,

This is a Git rather than EPrints related issue.  It basically means you are in a directory which does not contain a .git sub-directory and neither does any of the parent directories (up to the / directory) contains a .git sub-directory.  If you clone EPrints 3.4.5 you would do something like:

su root
mkdir /opt/eprints3
chmod 2775 /opt/eprints3
chown eprints:eprints /opt/eprints3
su eprints
git clone https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4.git /opt/eprints3
cd /opt/eprints3/
git checkout tags/3.4.5

I can see from the instructions on https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Installing_EPrints_on_RHEL/Fedora/CentOS#Installing_EPrints_3.4.x_from_Source has been missing the penultimate (cd /opt/eprints3/) instruction, so I have added this.  If you make sure you are in the /opt/eprints3/ directory before running "git checkout tags/3.4.5", this command should work and not return the error you reported.

Regards

David Newman