From: eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of George Macgregor <George.Macgregor@glasgow.ac.uk>
Sent: 20 October 2023 11:46
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: [EP-tech] DataCiteDOI plugin

Hi John – Gosh, that sounds quite unusual – but interesting! Is this arising from the White Rose Repo consolidation of mint-able works across three difference institutions, each with their own DataCite membership? I would suggest that it is local requirement. But how unique is the White Rose scenario? Perhaps I am underestimating the number of shared EPrints repos out there…?

However, I can envisage use cases, for example if a standalone repo is used for an overlay journal, that there might be requirements to transfer a previous DOI account(s) to the local repo, thereby requiring the local repo to operate several accounts. There are probably other use cases that I haven’t thought about. So, perhaps less unusual and more uncommon.

Cheers

George

--

George Macgregor

Information Services | University of Glasgow

Web: https://purl.org/g3om4c  | Fediverse: @g3om4c@code4lib.social
orcid.org/0000-0002-8482-3973

Mobile: +44 (0)7977 858281
--

The University of Glasgow is a registered Scottish charity: Registration Number SC004401