Re: [EP-tech] referrer policy and permission policy (headers)

Hi Tomasz and Matty,

I have written the following page on the EPrints wiki about Apache hardening for EPrints.

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Apache_Hardening

For referrer policy I think the setting is still appropriate but different to what has been discussed.  However, the permission policy probably needs to be updated to be incorporated into the Content Security Policy (CSP).  However, designing a CSP can be difficult, as you may have bits you want to set at an application level, some bits at a virtualhost level and then some bits at an request level.  Ensuring the finalised CSP header is all correct for all types of request has been a tricky task in my experience [1].  Also how EPrints manages requests make it tricky to modify headers in EPrints code/config.

Regards

David Newman
[1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_headers.html