Re: [EP-tech] New Server Net::LDAP install Problem

HI James,

I think the issue is that you need the C complier gcc installed to build the Text::Soundex library.  If you are on a Debian-based Linux you will need the following instead:

apt install gcc libgcc1

If you then run (presumably) cpan again it should be able to install Text::Soundex and Net::LDAP.

However, you should just be able to install libnet-ldap-perl using APT to save needing to use CPAN.  It would be useful to know if you were following any instructions (e.g. on wiki.eprints.org) that advises installing using CPAN?  As it would be useful for those to be updated to suggest first trying to install using apt (or yum/dnf on RHEL).

Regards

David Newman

P.S. You are right that the latest version of EPrints is 3.4.4.  There is a release candidate for EPrints 3.4.5 but no full release yet.