Re: [EP-tech] multilang fields in EPrints

Hi Tomasz,

I will check to see if multilang fields without "multiple => 1", I assumed this would work but maybe there are issues, as I have not thoroughly tested the multilang field recently.

I don't expect the multilang fields to work particularly well for other export formats, as it is not used in any of the default metadata for EPrints.  This could certainly be implemented either by further improvements to the export plugins in the core codebase or by extending export plugins to better support multilang fields.  I assume by your reference to OAI-PMH you are looking at the Dublin Core and similar plugins to support the lang attribute.

That eptech thread about importing multilang field is rather tl;dr;.  I am not aware of any specific changes to multilang fields with relation to import in recent years.  I certainly have not been doing much work on multilang fields in EPrints 3.4 in recent releases.  I think you need to have a play with exporting and importing multilang fields and report back on your experience.  I could test this but I work just be doing this in a very generic way to confirm a basic multilang field can be exported and then imported and the data for this field in the record that was exported looks the same as the data for this field in the imported record.

Regards

David Newman