Re: [EP-tech] Change from eprints core to pub

Hi Agung,

I have not specifically tested switching from zero to pub(lication) but fundamentally the only difference is that the pub_lib library is in use.  There are several steps to do this:

1. Make sure the pub_lib directory is presents under EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/ and make sure it has a contents similar to: https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4/tree/master/flavours/pub_lib

2. If necessary, edit EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/pub_lib/inc to make sure it contains any additional ingredients you may have added under the zero flavour index in EPRINTS_PATH/perl_lib/EPrints/SystemSettings.pm.

3. Edit EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_ID/cfg/cfg.d/00_flavour.pl and set $c->{flavour} to 'pub' rather than 'zero'.

4. Run "EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin test" and fix any issue that this raises.  There is a good chance you may have duplicate fields that you haver added to your zero archive that are present by default in a publication archive.

5. Run "EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin update ARCHIVE_ID"

6. Reload Apache and restart the EPrints indexer.

I think that is all that is needed but as I said, I have not actually tested this, so I would not try this on a production EPrints repository without testing it first on an equivalent test EPrints repository.

Regards

David Newman