Re: [EP-tech] Generate abstract by item type

Hi Izwan,

Unfortunately, there is not currently an easy way to do this bar writing your own script.  For the next release of EPrints I have expanded the epadmin scripts capabilities so all functions where you could only provide a single eprint ID, you can now provide multiple eprint IDs or even a sequence of eprint IDs (e.g. 1-10 for the first 10 eprint IDs).  What your email has meant I have realised is that as generate_abstracts is a separate script, I have not introduced the same functionality to that.  I have just been working on fixing that oversight and as it is a stand-alone script you should be able to download and use the latest version from here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eprints/eprints3.4/master/bin/generate_abstracts

Although the script does not allow you to specify a type option you can do a little trick from the command line:

bin/generate_abstracts <ARCHIVEID> `mysql -u <DBUSER> -p<DBPASSWORD> <DBNAME> -e "SELECT eprintid FROM eprint WHERE type = 'conference_item' AND eprint_status = 'archive';" | tail -n +2`

What this does is queries the database for all live archive items of a particular eprint type (in this case conference_item) and prints out this list of eprint IDs.  the "| tail -n +2" keeps everything from the 2nd line onwards (i.e. removes the first line), as this contains the name of the column (i.e. eprintid), which is not an eprint ID in itself.

Regards

David Newman