You should be able to add the 'dates' field to advanced search (eprint_search_advanced.pl) but it does have an issue if you want to say find all items with date type accepted in a certain time period.  This would find items that have accepted as one of the date types set but the date that falls within the time period may be for a different date type.  I have been looking into how to fix this.  However, so far the only solution looks to be to make it into a date into a data object in its own right.  Then you can add both fields like "dates.date" and "dates.date_type" to the advanced search configuration.  I will let you know if I get anywhere with this.

Regards

David Newman

On 30/05/2022 16:59, Alan.Stiles via Eprints-tech wrote:

Sorry – for clarity, I mean add them as an option on the eprint search page.

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Alan.Stiles via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Monday, 30 May 2022 at 16:56
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] Search on multiple-compound fields

CAUTION: This mail comes from outside the University. Please consider this before opening attachments, clicking links, or acting on the content.

Somebody please put me out of my misery – is it possible (and if so, how) to search a combination of values from a multiple, compound field?

e.g. search the “dates dates dates” fields for a particular combination of date value and date_type.

Looking at version 3.3.16, in case that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Alan