Re: [EP-tech] CGI pages branding missing?

Hi all,

== James ==

I think you have spotted one of the pages I have been updating on the wiki recently.  In part this is to help reflect the additions to the directory structure that come with 3.4 but there was also a lot of missing directories that existed in 3.3 if not before.

I assume you were not aware of the instructions for upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4 available at:

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Upgrading_3.3.12%2B_to_3.4

These are linked off the wiki's homepage but maybe you did not look at this.  It would be useful to know your process for upgrading to 3.4, so I can make sure this wiki page is linked to from useful places.

== Everyone ==

To save sending out extra emails (and potentially getting this list banned by our organisation's SMTP server again*), I thought I would mention that I have been trying to tidy up, update and improve the wiki, which is proving a herculean task.  However, I have made some progress on:

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Directory_Structure_Tree
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Glossary
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/User_Menu
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Admin - guide to the admin web interface (e.g. editorial tools, system tools and config. tools)

Although all are still a work in progress  Therefore, any suggestions, particularly missing terms for the glossary would be useful.  (I will be adding descriptions to those currently without them).  It is probably best to send these to me off list (drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk), save risking the list being blocked again due to too many emails.  In addition I have been trying to update the API documentation, which is generated from the POD markup in the code base itself.  Of possibly particular interest, I have linked most of the command line tools in the bin directory to their API pages.  These contain synopses, arguments and options pertaining to how they can be used:

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Bin/

Regards

David Newman

*From what I understand, the eprints-tech mailing list although not that frequently used, does get bursts of emails and this was hitting a threshold of number of emails sent to external inboxes in a rolling 7 day period, as there are over 400 list members.  I think any bigger lists tend to have mainly internal list members or are unlikely to ever be used more than once a week.