Re: [EP-tech] How to allow edit specific metadata for certain user?

Hi Izwan,

If you just want to limit this field to be editable in the workflow to editors and admins you can put the field in an if statement like the following into EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_NAME/cfg/workflows/eprint/default.xml:

<epc:if test="$STAFF_ONLY = 'TRUE'" >
  <field ref="item_status" />
</epc:if>

If you need some more complex restriction you may need to do something like:

<epc:if test="$current_user{usertype} = 'admin' or $current_user{usertype} = 'local_admin' or $current_user{usertype} = 'editor'">

<epc:if test="$current_user{username} = 'joe.bloggs'">

Where the part in {} is the name of the field within the user record you want to match.  I am not sure if you can do partial matches of a string without taking a closer look of the available comparator operators you have available in EPC.

Regards

David Newman