Re: [EP-tech] (no subject)

Hi Alex,

You can export users with the following command (where EPRINTS_PATH is likely /opt/eprints3/ or/usr/share/eprints/ and ARCHIVE_NAME is the same as your archive's directory name):

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/export ARCHIVE_NAME user XML > users.xml

You can then reimport with the command:

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/import ARCHIVE_NAME user XML users.xml

The one problem with doing this is that passwords are not exported, so the accounts created by the import will not be able to login, unless you have configured LDAP, Shibboleth or some other form of external authentication.  I have had a brief look and there is not a quick and straightforward to enable password hash exporting.  If you do need this, I can take a closer look at how you might go about doing this.

Regards

David Newman