Re: [EP-tech] number of items displayed at department level

Hi Ranju,

The 15 items on the faculty page are the items that are assigned specifically to the faculty rather than one of the departments in the faculty (i.e. the other 6448 items).  The departments, as leaf nodes in your institution's hierarchy, will have all assigned items displayed on their pages.  I don't think there is an easy way to get all items in a faculty to appear on its page, if that is something you might want.  Also at 6463 items, you don't really want a page that displays always these an once.  As it is really too much to take in all at once.  Also, if the page is not cached, it may take some time to generate with that many items.

I am not exactly sure which number you want to change.  Do you want the faculty page to say 15 instead of 6463?  I am not sure this can be changed without hacking the browse views code.  Generally, people want to know how many items are under a particular faculty, including both items directly assigned to the faculty and items assigned to sub-divisions of that faculty.

Regards

David Newman